Monday, October 15, 2012

You Haven't Lived Until You've Had FRENCH-PRESSED Coffee!

I have discovered my new crack :-)

French-pressed coffee.

Seriously, I crave the stuff all day long--every day.  I want to do nothing but sit on the couch and drink all.  day.  long.

If you think you like coffee--or even love coffee--you have not lived until you have had French-pressed coffee!

Several years ago, I remember my friend Travis sharing his experience with French-pressed coffee.  He raved on and on about it, but the process seemed a little bit overwhelming and I thought "Oh, that's nice.  Maybe I'll try it someday if someone makes it for me." 

The time finally came and somebody DID make it for me!  This past Spring, we stayed at our friends' house in Lawrence and on Sunday morning, Kyle and Lori made me a cup of coffee using their new French-press.

Holy.  cow. 

It was frothy.  It was bold.  There was no unpleasant after-taste or funky breath to worry about.

It was coffee heaven.

After being introduced to stuff, I was really tempted by the process--but again, I was still a little concerned about how complicated it could be.

Fast forward to last weekend.  Kyle and Lori were our house guests for the weekend and being as kind and considerate as she is, Lori brought us a Hostess gift.  It was none other than our very own French-press!

Turned out, it's super easy. 

You heat your water.  Put your coffee grounds in the French-press.  Add your hot water.  Push down on the plunger-thing (the pressing component) until it reaches the grounds.  Then pour yourself a cup of freshly-pressed coffee!

In fact, I enjoy my French-pressed coffee so much that I think it's time to retire our coffee-maker to the basement!  It's super easy AND it justified buying a super cute tea kettle to prepare the water in--and to sit on our stove-top and provide eye candy :-)

I'm telling ya--if you're a coffee affecianado, you MUST get a French-Press!  Or just make sure you have great friends who look out for your coffee-consuming needs  :-)

Our new vintage green tea kettle (it's more Jadite-green in person) and French-Press!


No comments:

Post a Comment