Tuesday, July 27, 2010

"Leash" Me Go!

As I was cruisin' through the library parking lot today, this is what I saw...
For the life of me, I cannot figure out the kiddy-leash concept. Seriously, I put my dog on her leash when we go places where she'll be distracted. If not, it's guaranteed that Mitzy will turn off her doggy ears, take off on a run and make friends with the closest person or animal.
But putting your child on a leash??? Especially when going to the library??? I just don't get it!
And to any parents I may know that use a kiddy-leash, I apologize in advance but yes, I will still wonder about your tactic ;-)

3 comments:

  1. I used to think the SAME thing! Absurd! And we've never owned one of those 'leashes' but the thought has crossed my mind a few times, especially after we went from having 2 kids to 3 kids and they don't always listen and pay attention to where we're going and I don't always have enough hands, especially if I go to the mall and need to carry bags AND hold their hands. So, I can start to see the theory behind it, especially for those ADHD kids that just dart everywhere without thinking or dart around the aisle in wal-mart where you never know who is lurking. So, I could see the use for an over-protective parent, but somehow we've gotten by without one, so help us lord! :) haha.

    ReplyDelete
  2. When Elizabeth was really little we went to Mt. Rushmore and had one on her since so many people were around. She could walk off energy and look around, but you always knew you had a hold of her. There were a bunch of Asian tourists there that day and it was hilarious to watch them point and stare at the silly Americans that had their kid on a leash!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lindy--I love your story! I want to say my brother may have been leashed at one point...but I could see with being the 3rd child where a leash might be helpful. However, it still looks funny and makes me laugh! I always want to say, "My dog has a leash, too!" but I'm sure it wouldn't go over well with the mothers out there

    ReplyDelete