Friday, September 3, 2010

Random Dozen

Everything in our life is pretty much at a stand-still right now, so there's not much to blog about!

Random Dozen


1. What is your favorite Mexican dish?

I can't decide between tamales or the veggie chimichanga at La Fiesta--I crave them both on a regular basis!

2. When you were a kid, did you get started on your homework right away after school, or did you procrastinate?

Honestly, I remember doing chores right after the bus dropped us off and that's it.  Surely we had homework???  I really don't remember having any homework until high school math.  And I didn't just procrastinate--I cried everytime I had to do it!

3. What is your favorite store for home furnishings?

Ummmm, probably Z Gallerie...but most of their stuff is beyond our budget and their closest store is in Omaha!  So I just look online and daydream :-)
4. When you were young, did you like school lunches?

I think so!  Morganville used to have homemade food and it was way more appetizing than what they serve nowadays.  My favorite lunch was the chili crispitos with nachos...yum!

5. Is religion a crutch?

It most certainly can be when they use it to promote some crazy political agenda!

6. In your region, what is the "big" (most popular in the community or state) high school sport?

K-State sports...in recent years, it was all about football but now our basketball program is changing that.  Go Frank!

7. Do you consider yourself rich?

Financially--we're anything but rich...As far as having what I want in life--yes!

8. Which of these would you have the best chance for success in administering:
A) CPR
B) Heimlich Maneuver
C) Changing a flat tire

Probably 'B'--I used to be CPR certified but I wouldn't trust myself to do it...changing a flat tire--yeah right.  But I could definately pull in on someone's stomach for awhile!

9. Which dance would you prefer to learn & why:
A) Salsa
B) Hip Hop
C) Waltz
D) Swing

You don't even want to see me attempt to dance...

10. What's the worst news you've ever delivered to someone?

A few years ago, our former hired man died in a car accident (in the ditch by my dad's field) while my parents were on vacation.  Eddy was a fixture in our lives for the longest time and Dad thought the world of him...I hated calling Dad & having to tell him over the phone, but I had no other choice :-/

11. Name something you learned in college that had nothing to do with classes or academics.

How funny!  Justin and I were just having this conversation last night!  College prepares you for handling yourself in the real world...skipping class=poor grades=expulsion from the college...skipping work=wrecking havoc on your job=losing your job!

12. New variation on an old question: If there's a song in your head that just won't get out, what is your favorite (or most repeated) line in that song?

I have had the new Adam Lambert song in my head all week long now.  And I'm not even an Adam Lambert fan.  I could never have identified any of his songs prior to this week...and now it won't stop playing in my head!!!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment