Saturday, November 13, 2010

The Supposed-To-Be Dress

The past few weeks have just been busy...like I told my students on Thursday, if my head weren't attached to my body, I would forget where it was!  I prefer to stay busy because I can't handle being bored...but at the same time, I hate being so busy that my head starts spinning--and that's how life has been lately!

I finally had time this morning to get our Halloween decorations down to the basement...yes, I realize Halloween was two weeks ago...but the "decoration shelf" needed some attention and I would have to accomplish that task before adding our Halloween stuff to it.

In the process of sorting through the shelving, I found a picture of my "original" wedding dress.  I knew I had it tucked away somewhere but why in the world was it with the holiday stuff?!

The first dress was a cute little raw silk Ralph Lauren Green Label dress that I bought off of...yes, eBay.  It was exactly what I was looking for and it still had the tags on it!  Perfect :-)  But you all know the story!

And this is what it was supposed to look like...and because I am super self-conscious about some things, I will never, ever show you what it looked like AFTER it was butchered.  Let me just say, it didn't look a thing like this dress!


When Mom and I went dress shopping the week before the wedding, I knew I wanted something that would go with my birdcage, headpiece and peep-toe wedges...at least that way I'd still have a "part" of my old dress with me :-) 

Ironically enough, I think the second dress has some resemblance to the orginal!  Nice and fitted but flared at the bottom...guess I always liked the mermaid silhouette but just never realized it!




No comments:

Post a Comment