Thursday, December 1, 2011

The Big Reveal--Our Christmas Tree Urn!

As promised in my LAST POST, here is the "big reveal" of the Christmas tree urn that I made!  I ended up using Justin's phone to take the pictures so please bear with me.

From the front...



From the side...


Close-up of the base...

Compared to last year, our Christmas tree has much more of the "wow" factor that I was looking for.  It's still not the "department store" level of decorated tree that I've been striving for, but it's getting closer.  In fact, using the "urn" also gave us a couple extra inches of much-needed height.  Because this house has high ceilings, the tree looks unproportionally short compared to the rest of the space.  The oversized angel doesn't help make it look any taller, but I like my black Angel.  She's pretty...and it was quite amusing to walk around the mostly-white store with my black Angel in hand!  But anyhow, maybe I'll be able to track down a taller--and more realistic--tree during the after Christmas sales.  Regardless, I think the urn still turned out pretty well!

No comments:

Post a Comment