Thursday, October 10, 2013

Week 37--Insomnia & Gaining An Extra Day

Well, folks, in an attempt to make up for my last novel...I mean, post...I will try to keep this one short and sweet!

This week is week 37 and we find ourselves in the midst of the weekly doctor appointments. 


Last week's appointment went well.  My belly continues to measure "perfectly" and after some poking and prodding, we had a bit of a discovery.   As I've suspected, and even been known to say, this girl is truly "hiding out."  From what the doctor could feel, she and her protective bubble are literally tucked up in my ribcage.  But it makes sense--between the awful, awful stomach pressure and watching my ribs literally move when she kicks, we weren't surprised by the news.  The surprising part, though?  Doctor noticed her head was low, "very low" as he put it...so, either this little girl was REALLY stretched out, or she's going to be a long one!

While at the doctor's office, they did the usual dilation check and while there was a slight change, Dr. Gros gave me his blessing to spend a few days in Kansas City.  The annual Kansas Association of Realtors conference was this week and my graduation from the association's Leadership Academy was to take place on Tuesday.  After a year's worth of traveling for sessions and learning more than I ever imagined I would, I did NOT want to miss our grand finale.  Luckily, baby stayed put and I could "walk" with the other 11 Realtors who were selected to participate!

Tomorrow, we have yet another appointment.  I'm curious about a few things...at last week's appointment, I was still up just a total of 19 pounds, but I feel HUGE!!!  And honestly, it feels like this baby experienced a significant growth spurt since last week, so I'm anxious to see how much weight has been gained!  Justin's curious about the dilation--I really haven't had any contractions (that I know of), so I'm guessing there won't be any changes there.  But who knows--the doctor might have something different to report!

Aside from feeling huge, I honestly do feel pretty good.  I don't feel like I'm just weeks away from giving birth.  I'm still moving around really well, my moments of waddling are few-and-far between, swelling is pretty mild, etc.  There are occasional twinges of pelvic expansion, but hey, I'll appreciate that when it's go time! 

The one thing I'm already missing is sleeping ALL night long!  Justin and I chalk it up to my body preparing for being up throughout the night, but more often than not, I find myself wide awake after 4 hours of sleep...even if I take Benadryl!  I try to fight it and I'll lay in bed for a couple of hours, then I give up and get up for the day...as my mom is known to say, "If you start your work one hour earlier every day, by the end of the week, you've gained an entire work day."  I hadn't always thought if it that way, but it's very true.  Guess I have the combination of her philosophy and insomnia to credit for my productivity!

No comments:

Post a Comment