Tuesday, November 8, 2011

"Growing" to Great Lengths--The "I Chopped it Off!" Edition

I have had short hair most of my life.  When my husband and I got engaged, I decided to grow it out just for the helluvit.  I was more than content being a short-haired bride but I wanted to challenge myself and see how long I could handle growing my hair.

In case you haven't been privvy to my progress, you can check out the most recent update HERE.

Almost 6 weeks ago, it was this long...

And for the first time since I could remember, I could throw it in a ponytail and go...

I loved wearing a ponytail.  In fact, I found that I wore my hair pulled back more than I wore it down. 


And then one day, I woke up and couldn't stand having hair on my neck, shoulders or hanging in my face...

Off to the salon I went and next thing ya know, I had chopped off the back but left some length in the front.  Afterwards, my hair looked like this:


It felt 10x better...but then a few weeks later, I realized I hated my bangs...I hated the akward length and the style was just plain...I wanted my short hair back!!!

I should have known better than to ever let a pair of scissors get near my head.  But being the stubborn Scorpio that I am, I was DONE with the "long" hair and there was no convincing me otherwise.  I was on a slippery slope.

I refrained for as long as I could...but then I picked up the phone and made an appointment for the next day.  The next afternoon rolled around and after sitting in a chair for 2.5 hours with a scissor-weilding stylist, I left with with short hair!









I love having my short hair back.  It literally takes no time at all to blow-dry my hair and run the flat iron through it. The time saved in the mornings is enough to convince me to forget about ever having "long" hair again!  But hey, it was fun while it lasted and I can always say "I tried" growing it out :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment