Wednesday, November 16, 2011

My Not-So-Ugly UGGS

Several years ago, I was in need of some WARM "snow" boots.  I had a nice pair of black dress boots but they were so very inappropriate for snow and ice.


By this point in time, UGG boots were here and they appeared as if they were here to stay.  I hated them.  They were UGG-ly and I could not stand it when girls wore them with short skirts.  To this day, I'm still convinced you had to be a single gal to understand that fashion statement.  It's safe to assume that I  definitely was not single...or inspired by the look.




A few weeks later, I wound up in the boots section of Dillard's and saw a fun, structured, lamb-fur lined, black suede boot complete with a stainless steel zipper that ran up the backside and had metal accents.  It wasn't your typical "snow boot" and it was calling my name.


Turns out, it was an UGG boot! Wth?! I was tempted to protest the boot but I decided to try it on for the helluvit. Oh-my-gawd it was soft...and warm...and super comfortable! Within minutes, it was boxed up and Santa was footing the bill ;-)


The boot proved to be worth the money--and then some.  The winter that year was terrible and this past winter was absolutely terrible.  I am pretty sure my UGGs were my most worn shoe during the nasty months of cold winds, rain, sleet, ice and snow.  I became a firm believer of the UGG brand!


But I have to admit--I was shocked by their newest "introduction" to the line-up this Fall.  Check out these super adorable loafers!  And the best part is, they don't even resemble the stereotypical space-boot!
Santa, this time played by Justin, bought them for me when he returned from storm work in Connecticut.  He likes to say it was my "present" for helping out with all his stuff when he was gone.  However, I think it's because I no longer could find my Sketchers--thus, leaving me without any kind of casual shoe.  I had them for years and they suddenly disappeared.  I'm convinced the ghost that stole my Gap sweater, grey corduroys and green tank top last winter also stole my Sketchers while they were at it.  Except for I still had my Sketchers this Spring...Anywho, I obviously have a hard time keeping track of my clothes.  Did that just come out wrong?!

To sum it up, these babies are uh-mazing.  They have the lamb-fur lining, the foot bed is incredibly soft and they are just plain cute.  I realize they're a bit "predictable" for my style but I have been in dire need of something to wear to the grocery store, football/basketball games, Casual Fridays in the classroom and anywhere I wouldn't wear my dress shoes.  But the best part?  They're not UGG-ly!

No comments:

Post a Comment