Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Trying to Make My Brother Happy

After hearing some of my brother's memories of Grandpa, I think he might have enjoyed yesterday's blog! But I'm not 100 % positive...so I decided to change things up a bit. Instead of my usual ranting, I've decided to go with a list of random questions! 1. Do you own a box of crayons? Nope. But we have a ton down at my visitation office! 2. Have you ever seen a dead body? Yup 3. Do you always wear a seatbelt? Usually...I'm bad about it when I get into other peoples' car but I always have it on while I'm driving. 4. When do you shower most often? In the evenings...great way to rinse away the day, relax and plus--my hair is funky if I wash it in the morning. It just doesn't have as much "ooomph" 5. Do you own any diamonds? Yup--my engagement ring. I didn't want any diamonds...so many stores advertise having "conflict-free" diamonds but only the person who dug up the carbon deposits actually know if they're conflict-free or not. They're sold to a local person who then sells it to a buyer (usually out of Europe) who then sells them to the stores. Pretty sure the gal at Zales is clueless about the diamond's origin and if the truth has been told along the way! But to answer the question, I have a diamond engagement ring with 55 diamonds in it...guess Justin wanted to make sure I had some diamonds! 6. What songs do you sing in the shower? I'm not in there to sing! And you don't want to hear me sing... 7. What was the last thing you purchased? clamp things for my closet 8. What makes you feel warm and safe? my dog--sounds odd but on a really bad day, she's the best thing ever! 9. How often do you remember your dreams? Ummmm, like never. Considering I really didn't sleep long enough at night for 4.5 years to even enter a dream cycle...and now I'm catching up on all that lost sleep! 10. Did you go to public or private school? Public K-12, private university for my first two years and 3 years of public unversity. All I can say--private rocks! 11. Have you ever prank-called someone? all the time in grade school! 12. How do you vent your anger? i prefer going to the gym for an endorphine rush...but if that's not an option--i like blaming justin for something completely stupid...like not putting the sponge in the dishwasher. after a few minutes, he figures out what's going on and calls me out on it--then i start laughing because he so busted me!! completely immature of me, but he's a good sport about it and then all my anger is gone bc i'm too busy laughing! 13. What is your heritage? German with a touch of Irish 14. What kind of watch do you wear? I have a capiz-shell looking one that I wear occassionally 15. Did you ever go to camp? 4-H camp when I was little 16. Where were you on September 11, 2001? Oh jeez...it feels like just yesterday. I was walking into my English class at Creighton when I saw the second plane hit. We were a tight-knit group, especially for only being together for 3 weeks at this point and we just embraced the moment. One of my dearest Creighton friends was in the class with me and he survived Columbine--in fact he was the Student Pres of the schoool, missed being shot in the library by just a few seconds, had gone into the school with the FBI to observe the aftermath and did all the talk show circuits. I truly think that knowing what Mike had gone through was what kept our class balanced that day...it's all about perspective. I'm not going to freak out about something in NYC when my friend sitting next to me has survived one of the worst attacks in US history 17. Are you registered to vote? Yup 18. What is your ringtone? I have some random default ringer but most people have a personalized ringtone 19. What kind of milk do you drink? I hate milk...it grosses me out! 20. Are you touchy-feely? In one word: NO. And I like it that way :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment