Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Going to Great Lengths...


When Justin and I got engaged 14 months ago, I decided I would try growing my hair out...but not to my shoulders or anything crazy like that! ;-)  Rather just long enough that a clip would be able to stay in my head...

It's been a long and tedious project with multiple pleas to cut it all back off--but luckily enough, my hair stylist has refused to cut any length until after the wedding.  I'm beyond thankful that she won't let me do it!

I've since revised this post because I found a pic from last July when we got engaged--talk about SHORT!  Short bangs, short spikes, short everything (but not Justin ;-)).  And since I like pointing out the obvious, Justin's hair looks like someone took a chainsaw to it!  At the time, I didn't think his new 'do looked that bad, but woah, looking back it does!  And I can't talk too much since I have a constipated look on my face in the picture...Anyhow, the picture with my dark hair was taken this past March--8 months after I decided to start growing it.  The second picture was taken this week; it's slowly getting there!

I'm now able to tuck my bangs behind my ear which is WEIRD!  I've also found that somedays my bed head is just fine with a bit of fluffing and a quick run of the flat iron...which totally beats having to do it from start-to-finish every morning!  I have no problems cutting a few minutes off my morning routine and frankly, I think I could get used to it :-)

2 comments: