Saturday, August 28, 2010

1 Week Down!

I managed to survive my first full week back at school!  Woo-who!!!

Actually, make that "first week and 2 days"...

Last Thursday, Aug 19 was my first day back.  The morning was spent running around town to find my laptop and calling IT to get logged back on.  That afternoon, we were bussed to the High School for the all-district Welcome Back assembly and this is the best thing that came out of it:

Little boy to his PE teacher: "I can't participate in PE today."
Teacher: "Unless you have a doctor's note, you need to suit up.  But what's going on to keep you from joining us?"
Little Boy: "I have anal glaucoma."
Teacher: "Anal glaucoma???  Can you please explain that to me????"
Little Boy: "Teacher, I just can't see my ass doing anything in PE today."

I'm keeping my fingers crossed that I can avoid such a condition so that I can continue to get things done!

And that I have!  The school's wireless keeps dropping for approximately 5 hours every day but I'm managing to get Life Skills scheduled with the various 6th & 8th grade teachers.  Come September 7th, I'll finally be in the classrooms!

I had a fairly full plate with CASA this past week--I had several clients to meet with and a few last minute fires to put out.  But who doesn't expect that on a Friday afternoon?!  lol...Next week looks more like a "paperwork" week--ie catching up on all the things I couldn't get done last week because I was meeting with people--and hopefully that remains the case.

The home life managed to survive as well.  Laudry was washed & folded (maybe not completely put away in the closet, though...), lawn mowed, the switch was made to a new cell phone provider, more wedding stuff finalized, property survey completed and casseroles all made up in advance.  On the menu was Chicken & Polenta, Beef Stroganoff, Barbequed Beef & Beans and Shephard's Pie...all but the Shephard's Pie were new attempts and I'm pleased to say they turned out well!

And finally the last thing--the gym.  I did get there twice this week.  Not in the morning like I had hoped, but I still got there...I really wanted to make it 3 or 4 times, but I lost track of time while putting out fires and it was too late to go if I ever wanted to fall asleep that night!  This upcoming week is looking a little bit better though :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment