Monday, April 16, 2012

My Crazy Savings at Target--Plus, a Great Coupon Site!


I have never been much of a couponer...I use them occassionally, but I never really find any good savings.  The coupons in our local Sunday paper are pretty worthless--it's usually brand-name items that we would never buy OR support hose for grannies.  Every now-and-then, I luck out and find coupons on a company's website that helps us save a few bucks.  For example, this winter I was hitting up Campbell's site b/c Justin was eating 2 cans of soup a day for lunch.  At most, with using the Campbell's coupons and a few store coupons for other small items, I was lucky to shave about 26% off my total.  Nothing too exciting...

Well, I think things are a changin'!  I ran into my childhood neighbor last week at Dillon's and she was there to spend a bunch of coupons.  After our visit, I checked out one of the sites she suggested:  www.dealdetectingdiva.com.  Turns out, the gal lives in Wichita so all of her savings are from stores that we have in our neck of the woods! 

Just this afternoon, the Deal Detecting Diva sent out an alert on Facebook for some new coupons available at Target...and turns out, Target lets you stack both store AND manufacturer's coupons!  Talk about some awesome savings :-)

Honestly, the timing was perfect!  Tomorrow, I sit for my Realtor's exam in Topeka and I'm swinging by Sam's Club afterwards...my one "have-to" purchase there is the 10-pound roll of 92/8 ground beef for $29.99.  At our grocery stores here in town, you're talking anywhere from $3.99-$4.50/lb for the same leanness.  Can't beat that!  But I was kinda getting tired of bagging the meat into Ziplocks just to find a slight accumulation of ice crystals after a few weeks...lucky for me, I was able to score a FREE FoodSaver at Target this afternoon!  Good-bye, ice crystals!

Here's a quick summary of my purchases AND savings from this afternoon.  The baggies aren't a big deal but hey, I used the last one this morning so I had to bite the bullet and by some ;-)
Retail Price: $19.99--after coupons: $FREE!

Retail: $8.99--after coupon: $6.99

Retail: $8.99--after coupon: $FREE!

Retail: $2.95--after coupons: $1.23

Retail: $7.99--after coupon: $7.99

Retail: $7.99--after coupon: $FREE!

Retail: $6.99--after coupon: $4.99

Retail: $2.49--on sale for $2.24


Total Retail Value: $71.52
Price I Paid: $23.42
Savings: $48.10 (67.3%)

And that's it, folks!  Pretty impressive, if I must say so myself :-)  For all y'all Kansas folk, be sure to check out her website and follower her on Facebook for up-to-the-minute deals!

No comments:

Post a Comment