Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Are You Up For a Good Laugh???

My dream came true!!!  I am a proud owner of a MacBook!  When I realized I needed a computer for my real estate gig, I had a genius idea--wouldn't it be awesome if I could get an iPad, but with all the laptop features?!

Well, duh.  That's called a Macbook!  Yeah, I'm quick like that :-)

Anyhow, I got in touch with my computer-guru friend, Derek, and he affirmed my dream of owning a MacBook.  In fact, after looking at other (Windows) computers, I just couldn't find anything that I liked. Uhhh, but the only problem???  Macs are crazy expensive!  Even though it would be a business expense, it wouldn't make that much of a difference on our year-end taxes.  Thanks for reaffirming my tendency for expensive taste, Derek ;-)

For the past several weeks, I had been desperately trying to find a computer that I could live with.  But hell, they cost a decent amount of money and I just wasn't happy with any of them.  Thanks to my determination, I refrained from buying something I would be unhappy with...and amazingly enough, just last week, a company I used to purchase photography equipment from was running a MAJOR sale on the very Macbook I dreamt about!  And when I say major, it was major enough that I was sure it was a type-oh and called B&H just to confirm the price...then, I had Derek review the specs to make sure it wasn't some junk version.  It wasn't.  And I was going to save some amazing money.

I seriously about died and went to heaven.  When I hit, "Confirm Order," it took everything I had to keep from jumping up and down with joy!!  I was finally getting my MacBook :-)

My new baby arrived yesterday evening and as I geeked out over it, Justin tried his best to act very nonchalant.  That was--until I busted out the PhotoBooth.  How can you NOT enjoy yourself when playing with PhotoBooth?!  Finally, after a few giggles, he started to admit he was excited about my computer!  

For your viewing--and laughing--pleasure, I have posted some of our more humorous "portraits."  Aren't we a hot couple or what?!


















2 comments: