Thursday, June 20, 2013

Week 21 & Planning the Nursery

Week 21.  I don't even know what to say.  Obviously, I'm over half-way through my pregnancy and I really can't seem to figure out where the time went.  Then, I stop and think about having this "condition" since February...February...and then I start to realize maybe it hasn't gone so fast!  At least, the first 14 weeks didn't go fast.  But with feeling decent the past 7 weeks, time has flown by!

For the curious, here are some updated pics...

This is my belly at week 20--the next morning, we had our sonogram and learned that we will be welcoming a daughter into this world!




She (still seems weird referring to the baby as something other than "it") weighed in at around 13 oz and appeared to have longer-than-average legs and bigger-than-normal feet.  Didn't surprise any of us in the sonogram room!

Even though I was still "hiding" the baby, my (internal) growth is right on track.  My weight is up a total of 5 lbs since getting pregnant and so far, my doctor doesn't seem concerned...my guess is that the weight will soon be here!

Speaking of which, here are my week 21 pics.  Baby's definitely been eating well enough to hit a growth spurt!  



Now for the fun part...planning the nursery!

Once we learned we're having a girl, my creative juices kicked in gear and I started finding pieces to work with.  Everyone asks, "What color are you painting the nursery?"  Well, folks, I hate to disappoint ya but it won't be pink.  Nor will it be purple.  We're painting it blue :-)  Yes, our daughter will come home to a blue bedroom!   But that's what happens when your mom is far from a traditionalist and your father listens to Jay-Z on his record player...you will never have a chance to live a "normal" life!

So, what do I have in mind?  Here's a little sneak-peak of what I've found for the nursery.  Definitely not the most typical baby decor, but what did ya expect?!  I had to laugh when J-Money asked why I bought a clock for the nursery--as he pointed out, the baby won't be able to tell time.  And while he's right, this mama can't stand to be in a room without a clock, so a time-teller automatically became a necessity!

Slowly but surely, things will start to come together.  The wall color has been determined (after going through various shades of hideousness); I picked out the color for the hutch and need to get it up to my paint lady; and now that we have the rug rolled out, I can start looking at upholstery for the rocker.  Ever since we cleared out the guest bedroom and started moving in baby furniture, Mitzi stopped showing any interest in the room.  However, once we unrolled the new rug for the room, she laid down and made herself a spot...and then, eventually jumped up into the nasty rocker for a brief nap.  Seems our household is finally starting to adjust to the thought of bringing home baby!






2 comments:

  1. Cute room ideas! Hey maybe you'll be lucky and won't gain much weight. :) your little bump is too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. you will want a clock...esp for feeding times in the beginning :) It looks fantastic and congrats on the little lady, it will be amazing!!!

    ReplyDelete