Thursday, January 13, 2011

"Baby, what's your sign?"

If you've lived much, you'll know that one of the most infamous pick-up lines revolves around asking someone what their astrological sign is...and thanks to some astronomist everything has now changed as the Earth's alignment is now different.

As my birthday is in early November, I was naturally a Scorpio.  Back in college, I decided to get a tattoo and thought long and hard about what to get.  I didn't want anything that I would outgrow so I figured my Zodiac sign was the best choice b/c hey, it was something about me that would never change.  But guess the joke was on me!

Now this Parke Kunkle guy has gone and changed everything with the addition of a 13th sign--the Ophiuchus.  According to the modified calendar, I am no longer a Scorpio...but a Libra!

How will I ever turn this...










into this???










Something tells me that I won't be headed down to the tattoo shop anytime soon to have things corrected. I'm not about to "go under the needle(s)" because some guy decided he need to change things. Or what if he changes his mind again?!  Or someone else decides he's just a kook and reverts back to the 12-sign calendar???  Regardless, I'm sure it will make for a good story when I'm that old, shriveled nursing home resident explaining to the CNA during my sponge bath that I'm not really a Scorpio even though I have the symbol tattooed on me...

In case you haven't been following the story, you might want to check out your new sign:

Capricorn: Jan. 20 – Feb. 16
Aquarius: Feb. 16 – March 11
Pisces: March 11- April 18
Aries: April 18- May 13
Taurus: May 13- June 21
Gemini: June 21- July 20
Cancer: July 20- Aug. 10
Leo: Aug. 10- Sept. 16
Virgo: Sept. 16- Oct. 30
Libra: Oct. 30- Nov. 23
Scorpio: Nov. 23- Nov. 29
Ophiuchus: Nov. 29- Dec. 17
Sagittarius: Dec. 17- Jan. 20

3 comments:

  1. Good news.
    http://news.blogs.cnn.com/2011/01/13/no-your-zodiac-sign-hasnt-changed/

    I could never be anything other than a pisces :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Any actions or assumptions taken on the reader's part as a result of this position. With TVI Express, what you have to enter database name, username and the password is" admin". The Hill has since reached out to Boehner's camp, which has the greatest
    use of student loan people is international network.

    Here is my weblog: Student Loans People

    ReplyDelete
  3. fatty liver and remedy fatty liver and remedy fatty liver and remedy

    Review my page fatty infiltration of the liver cure

    ReplyDelete