Wednesday, January 5, 2011

A Perfect Marriage

First and foremost, I will not waste your time trying to convince you that Justin and I have a perfect marriage.  Because ummmm, yeah--it's not perfect.  We have our days of total love and giddiness, the days where he's driving me up the wall (and I'm sure the feeling is mutual at times!) and many more days of learning + patience ahead of us.  Heck, we've only been married 3 months so we obviously have a few things to improve yet!

However, I have chosen to waste your time by blogging about something that I do know is a perfect marriage...our new cookware set!

Ever since we got engaged, I had wanted a new set...I had some old Calphalon from college that was NOT non-stick and even though it did a great job of cooking food, I hated the clean-up.  Justin had some mixed pieces from his college days as well and we made due. 

Last week I hit my breaking point with our cookware.  Maybe some pictures will help you understand why!  It's a bit embarassing to even have such worn cookware in our house--but in defense, we still only used the piece in the middle picture (still embarrassing!).

One handle, and one loose one at that, just doesn't cut it anymore!

All the scarred Teflon just screams, "Hello cancer risk" :-/

After multiple soaks and scrubs, this skillet just wouldn't clean up anymore

I absolutely LOVE the Caribbean Blue by LeCreuset and knew it would be a long time, if any, before we could afford it...heck, the 4 pieces below cost almost $600!  But isn't it gorgeous :-)  I have to admit that I had a weak moment this past Spring and "accidentally" bought a stockpot in the Caribbean blue. Or that's what I tried to convince Justin of at the time. However, we love it. The non-stick is terrific and it's about time that we have everything non-stick and non-cancer causing.


I wanted a cookware set that would compliment our stockpot and the Paula Deen spackled aqua color seemed to fit the bill.  My grandpa's wife was talking about her new set at Christmas and really liked it--I figured it fit our price range so why not give it a try?!

And I'm happy we ordered it!  The set was on our porch when I came home for lunch today so I have no idea how it will cook...but it looks great!  It's a great compliment to our tall stockpot and is a bit more fun in our kitchen than a traditional black or steel style would have been.

Paula Deen on the left, LeCreuset on the right...

Doesn't it look great together?!  And there's 10 more pieces of it for me to drool over :-)
Now if I can keep Justin and the metal utensils away from this set, we'll be one step closer to having a perfect marriage!  Ha!

2 comments:

  1. I love the looks of the LeCreuset stuff! I have one piece that I got when we got married and continue to drool over the stuff at the stores! Who would have thought ever care so much about cookwear! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had the same thought as I was writing this! Guess it's a sign that I'm becoming old and domesticated :-) I like to blame it on my mom since she kept me in the kitchen anytime she cooked!

    ReplyDelete