Wednesday, February 23, 2011

An Aldi's Favorite

I love Aldi's...absolutely love it!  I remember the first time I went in there out of curiosity with my baby brother and was convinced I would NEVER go back...but now we're there every Sunday!

When it comes to your staples, they rock.  42-cent Rotel and green beans, 99-cent Pam cooking spray and Prego spaghetti sauce, $1.29 peanut butter, $1.69 frozen garlic bread and gigantic bags of rice, $2.49 Wholly Guacomole...the list goes on.

Granted, there are some things that are more expensive at Aldi's than at your regular supermarket (ie usually eggs & milk).  Then there are some things that the lower price is indicative of the item's quality (ie frozen chicken breasts).  After a few trials and errors, you quickly find out what you can save on at Aldi's and what's worth paying a few extra dollars for at Dillon's!

One of my all-time favorite things from Aldi's is a "Special Purchase" as they call it...it only comes around about once every three months and it's in stores during the next 7 days!


The Priano Spicy Arrabiata Sauce (on the right) ROCKS.  As you're well aware, we like our food with a little heat and at first the idea of spicy spaghetti turned me off.

However, I decided to try it last time they stocked it and it's perfect.  It's just a tad spicy--not spicy enough to open up your sinuses or sting your taste buds, but rather just warm enough to be different than typical tomato sauce.  And the Italian flavor is still in tact! 

I'm not sure how they do it but I'll be sure to look at the ingredient list when we buy them out of the Arrabiata Sauce on Sunday!

2 comments:

  1. Thanks to your hearty recommendation I picked up a jar of the spicy sauce at Aldi... delicious! I love Aldi!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's the best! I need to branch out and try it on something other than spaghetti sometime--I'm thinking it could make a mean lasagna!

    ReplyDelete