Friday, March 25, 2011

Assembly Required

Yesterday, I accepted a temporary position...as Furniture Assembly Woman.  Thank god the job lasted just one day.

I've been wanting a bigger patio set forever.  For the past 6 weeks, I scoured Craigslist in hopes of finding something cheap and pre-assembled.  Nothing was to be found so when Justin returned from Dallas on Sunday, we went to Sear's to pick one up.

By 5:00 yesterday, I had the table put together and all 6 chairs assembled.  My legs hurt, my fingers ached....

Our new set, but definately not our backyard...The "patio" currently looks like a field of firewood and sawdust, so no real-life pictures for now!
At that point, I called it a day and went around front to get the paper off the porch...only to find that our replacement headboard had been delivered.  Finally!  But wait, this meant even more furniture to assemble...

Long story short--we ordered our headboard February 4; it was delivered 3 weeks later in a pile of fresh snow and sleet, complete with a ripped headboard and wrong size of bed frame.  Two weeks after requesting the replacement parts, we found out our order had never been submitted.  I called the manufacturer directly and the problem was solved :-)  The only downfall was that it would be at least another 2 weeks before the headboard would arrive as they are custom made.  Oh, the joys of doing long-distance business when the items you want cannot be found locally.

Once Justin got home from work last night, we started assembling the bed...and in just over one hour, we had the whole thing assembled!  It's amazing how easy it is when you have the right parts!  Lol.  Our room is still a disaster, so once again, no real-life pictures of our new bed...but here is the stock photo.


In fact, I'm dying to go to bed and lay against the soft headboard for a few minutes before I pass out.  Working as a Furniture Assembly Woman is a hard job and I'm still worn out from it!  But considering both the inside AND outside of our house is a disaster right now, I have more important things to do than sleep!

No comments:

Post a Comment