Thursday, March 31, 2011

Mr. "Mom"

Justin received devastating news at work last week...his company is going from a (4) 10-hr day work week to working (5) 8-hr days starting on April 4th.  He is mourning his last-ever 3 day weekend by sanding down our fire pit and drinking a Blue Moon.

I have to admit though--I'm celebrating the news!  Justin will be off by 3:30 pm each day.  Therefore, HE--not me--can play "Mom" of the house.  Supper can be going when I get home from CASA...he can meet with any contractors/exterminators/whomever after work...run any cant-wait-til-the-weekend errands...get laundry folded...HOURS before I get home.

I just can't express how excited I am about his schedule change!  I was never a fan of the 10-hour days. The only time Justin's 3-day weekend was of any benefit to me was if we needed to travel anywhere.  Otherwise, I was at stuck at work on Fridays while he did whatever.  With his job, there is no flexability within his schedule and I work long days as well, so it is a terrible combination.  My biggest frustration: by the time he got off work at 5:30 and fought traffic anywhere, a lot of businesses were closed--so it was up to me to figure out how to get all my work hours in AND take care of business.  Also, if we had any early evening appointments, we were always pushing it to get him home, showered and where we needed to be. 

My excitement level decreases a bit when I realize that in just 8 weeks, school will be out.  I will go from working 60 hours a week to 20--while Justin continues to work his 40.  Therefore, I will return to being "Mom" of the house...but in the meantime, Justin will have a chance to experience what it's like to be "Mr. Mom!"

No comments:

Post a Comment