Thursday, March 24, 2011

A New Coat of Paint

I haven't had a Spring Break in forever....well, 5 years forever.  And I'm loving all the time I have to get things done! 

I had a pretty lengthy to-do list made up for this week and some of it has been accomplished.  Some of it is still waiting for me to get to it.  I had intended to paint our fence this week but for a variety of reasons, it hasn't happened yet.  Instead, I decided to tackle a smaller painting project...

After we moved in, we never got around to painting the hallway.  It was the same hideous peachy color that the living/dining room had been painted.  Not only did the color drive me nuts--but the paint job was horrible!  The peachy paint was splattered all over the white woodwork and there were corners around the door frames that had never been painted.  For a detail-oriented person like me, I couldn't handle it.  Therefore, it automatically made my Spring Break To-Do list.


Considering we have turquoise, purple, taupe and light blue rooms coming off the hallway I wanted a "neutral" color to anchor everything.  The only problem--I can't imagine living with a neutral wall color.  Blah!

I picked frosted pine and decided to give it a try.  It was one shade lighter than sage on the color deck so I was hoping it would do the trick.



As soon as I put it on the wall, I became hesitant.  It was MUCH lighter than I expected it would be.


As the paint dried, it became MUCH darker.  However, I'm just not sure if this is the right color.  I purposely picked something that wouldn't be very saturated...In person, it is a lot more green.  However, it's a little too traditional for my liking but maybe it will grow on me.  Especially if I can find some fun wall accessories...right???  Considering all the cutting in and touch up work I had to do, it will stay up for a while regardless of my final opinion.  But I do know that it makes the hallway a little brighter and it really brings out the color of the floors--that, I do like!

No comments:

Post a Comment