Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Marching into Spring

Today is March 1st...can I get a Halleluiah?!

This winter has been too long.  Regardless of how nasty--or mild--the winter is, I always get excited for March 1 to roll around.  Spring will soon be on it's way!

This month should be a fun month.  I just hope it doesn't go by too quickly so that I can at least enjoy some of it!

This week I start a Landscape Design class on Thursday evenings.  It's through our local Extension Office and I'm hoping they can really help me figure out what grows well in Manhattan & what to plant in the different spots of our yard...And if anything, paying the $21 class fee allows me to have the Extension Agent on my speed dial, right?!

A week from today, March 8, is Shrove Tuesday...I don't now if I'll get Justin to our church's Pancake Supper as he refuses to eat breakfast foods after 10:30 am but I'm hoping he'll go to the Lenten Lecture Series with me on Wednesday evenings.  A little bribery usually does the trick!

Next weekend, we have a bunch of friends coming into town for Fake Patty's...I just hope I survive the festivities!

Then we have Spring Break towards the end of the month...on my to-do list is painting our fence, scraping down and repainting the front porch floor and painting the back porch to match the front porch.  If time allows, I also want to touch up the baseboards in the house and paint the hallway.  We'll see how far I get!

On the 28th, I start my new bootcamp class.  I'm excited about it.  I'm to the point where interval training is more my speed--it beats going to the gym for a cardio class on Monday, then weights on Tuesday, etc...let's do it all at once and get it over with! 

Finally, March 5 marks our 1-year anniversary of being in our house!!! It's interesting to look back and see what we have changed...and have yet to change!  We're hoping we can get new kitchen flooring installed here in the next few weeks...our front step is getting replaced any day now (Thank God)...we're going to close up the awkward shadow box in the Master...hopefully the replacement parts for our jacked up bed will arrive soon so we can have a headboard, etc...I have a nightstand to refinish for our bedroom...the list goes on.

It may not happen in March, but I'm hoping to do a "Year-in-Review" blog of all our projects.  Several weeks ago, I stumbled upon the Visual Tour from when our house was on the market--it feels like we've hardly done anything other than paint and move in furniture, but the Visual Tour proves otherwise!

Oh, and before I go--I just realized I did not do one single Black History post in February!  I doubt anyone was checking my blog for the posts...but did you know that chemotherapy and the pencil sharpener were both invented by African Americans???

No comments:

Post a Comment