Sunday, May 8, 2011

The Bishop is Coming!! The Bishop is Coming!!! And More Weekend Work...

If you've ever belonged to a Church that has a Bishop, you know it's a big deal for them to visit your congregation.

For the past several weeks, we've been gently reminded that the Bishop is coming!  The Bishop is coming!  He makes his annual trip each Spring to confirm the newest church members.

Justin decided just the other day that he wanted Confirmed--but he didn't seem too excited about it.  In fact, I'm pretty sure I was more excited than he was.  He had seen pictures of all the previous Bishops in their "crazy hats" and he was really only excited to see if he would be taller than Bishop Wolfe and his Miter hat.

Bishop Wolfe's miter hat is yellow.  As you can see in this picture, Justin is pretty even with the tip of the hat.  Only because Bishop was standing on the second stair!  Please excuse the quality of the pics--I forgot the camera and had to rely on my phone.



I had to add this one for Justin...he got a kick out of the sceptor!  Kinda made me laugh because I remember having the same thoughts the first time the Bishop visited us in Clay Center...but for some reason, the Deacon has it in this picture!



We worked on the yard some more yesterday afternoon...last weekend we managed to get the plants in and mulch was laid Wednesday evening.  It still needed the edging installed and even though we didn't want to do it, it needed done.  It wasn't the quickest project but it really finishes off the front yard and according to my sore hamstrings, it proved to be a workout!

This is the edging that came with the one flower bed that existed when we bought our house...


I liked the bricks as it tied in with the foundation columns...but with the new flowerbed, we needed more of them.  Turns out, buying 2-foot sections of edging was a lot cheaper than individual bricks so we quickly knew what we were going to install!



I've also picked up some yard art here-and-there just to perk things up a bit.  Our new "dining area" on the old parking pad is starting to come together...I'm still looking for something creative to cover the garage windows.  Whoever painted the garage was lazy and didn't cover them, so there's tons of overspray on them--grrrrrrrr.



I think this pic has to be one of my favorite "scenes."  I have a thing for non-traditional garden gnomes and when I saw this lil' guy at Walgreens, I just had to have him!  And if you look closely, there's a basketball in his right hand!


No comments:

Post a Comment