Saturday, May 28, 2011

The Summer Top 10...In No Particular Order

Summer break is finally HERE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have so many plans for summer and I hope they all come to fruition!

1.  Finish staining the fence.  Who were we kidding when we thought it'd only take a few days...



2.  Paint the back stoop to match the front porch.


3.  Install shelving in the kitchen "cubby"...and maybe go ahead and paint the kitchen grey while my work schedule is slower



4.  See George Clinton & Parliament Funkadelic in concert



5.  Roadtrip for a meal at Gate's (this is #1 on Justin's to-do list!)



6.  Clean out the basement and our closets...then have a garage sale!



7.  Read!  I already picked up one book that isn't very captivating, might be moving on to the second one fairly quickly.



8.  Learn to knit.  The class starts in July!


9.  Learn to can.  Last year so much of our produce went to waste because we couldn't eat it fast enough. 
 

10.  And finally, relax.

Number ten might be the hardest for me to achieve--I have a hard time sitting still.  However, I'm sure I can get used to not running around 24/7.  There are so many other "small" tasks I want to achieve this summer but it will be nice working only 20, rather than 60, hours a week.  Summer break always goes way too fast but I hope that this year I will be able to get a few things done!

No comments:

Post a Comment