Friday, September 16, 2011

Our Wedding (Looking Back)--The Great Storm!

When we originally set our wedding date, we made SURE it would not coincide with a home K-State football game.  Living here, we knew that on game days traffic would be horrible; hotels would be booked a year in advance; and a game would create stiff competition for attendance!

Well, Bill Snyder decided to come back and rescue the team (if you can call it that) and as a result, the schedule was changed.  September 25, 2010 was now a HOME football game!

The morning of our wedding was finally here and as my Personal Attendant and I left our hotel room in Junction City--I told ya hotel rooms in Manhattan would be booked!--the sky was darkening.  Jill and I got my stuff to the church, I hopped in my dress and the sky grew scary.




I'm no meteorologist, but by the looks of the clouds, I was convinced a tornado was headed our way!  Thankfully, there was just tons of wind and rain...nothing that us Kansas folk haven't dealt with before.

The upside to our wedding being on a home football day???  There were tons of people around to get great pictures of the super weird cloud formations and they always remember the morning of our wedding!

And if you're in the mood for some folk gospel, off-beat humor and bits of ADHD, check out this YouTube video...I don't know why, but the storm clouds always make me think of this song!

No comments:

Post a Comment