Thursday, September 29, 2011

Decorating for Fall

I finally pulled out all our fall decorations this past Sunday...

Last year, I bought a few decorative "stakes" for our flower beds and put pumpkins on the porch steps...and the decorating was done!

This year, we have an additional 30-some feet of flowerbeds to decorate...and the amount of decorations we had from last year just seemed bare.

A quick trip to Jo-Ann's for their Fall Decor sale and I had enough decorations to get the job done!


I thought this pillow was kinda cute...and was nice way to bring some more orange onto the porch!

After taking the picture, I realized a pot of purple Asters would look great placed next to the chair! 

Pumpkins on the stairs are becoming our Fall decorating tradition! 

This year I added a leaf garland to the porch railing for an extra pop of color...It was way cheaper than buying a bunch of yard stakes for the original flowerbeds :-)

Yay for color!!!

Some of our yard stakes...

And more yard stakes...

Yard stakes on the other end of the flower bed...
I ended up running back to the store for these 2 sunflowers...with the other flowerbed having all the stakes, this side was a bit unbalanced.  Now it's not!

I'm not going to lie--my anxiety has skyrocketed since we put the decorations up on Sunday.  I'm not worried about them being "good enough" because honestly, we're the only ones on our block who decorate for the holidays/seasons.  Rather, I'm worried some punk is going to walk off with the yard stakes or decide to smash the pumpkins :-/  Because really, who wants to go clean up a bunch of smashed pumpkins?!  Anyhow, it makes no sense to worry because last year, nothing happened to the decorations--so here's to hoping that they'll stay in their place again this year!

No comments:

Post a Comment