Saturday, September 3, 2011

Stepping in Line With the Oxford Trend

I like to think that I keep up on the trends and remain fairly fashionable.  That is--until I go on a clothing strike to buy stuff for the house and all of a sudden I feel terribly outdated!  But regardless of whether or not my wardrobe is the most current, many styles I can wrap my mind around and come to accept.

This fall, Oxfords are all the rage...I have to admit that I am having a VERY hard time with this.  They remind me of ugly old lady shoes.  The design of the soles are ugly.  The lacing is ugly.  It's all pretty much ugly.



However, according to Hollywood, I seem to be the only person who thinks they're ugly.  Look at all these ladies who left their house in them?!  *GASP*  I'm pretty sure that I will never, ever be caught dead in a pair of Oxfords.  

But I will admit--they don't look too bad with the outfit in the upper right hand corner...What is that?!  Is someone waivering?!  I may have also said once upon a time I would never own a pair of cropped boyfriend jeans back when Katie Holmes debuted them and guess who has a pair...Guilty as charged! 

So maybe the traditional Oxford loafer isn't me...now something like this, I could maybe do:

It's the $34.99 "Shootie Oxford" that Payless just introduced!  Wouldn't it look super cute paired with some skinnies, a corduroy blazer and a fun scarf?!  Or even a skirt, dark tights and a sweater???  It may not be a shoe that come 5 years from now will be the most stylish but at that price, why not step in line with the Oxford trend?!

No comments:

Post a Comment