Friday, August 5, 2011

30 Day Challenge--A Place I've Traveled To...

Is anyone else having problems with Blogger today???  I had this post almost completely done and NONE of it was saved.  And I'm not a fan of starting things all over!  Grrrrrrr....

I'll try to cheer up for the sake of Day 8's post about a place I've traveled to.  Hmmm....I've traveled within the continental US, Mexico, Europe and the Caribbean.  They're all great places but I think I'll write about a place I traveled to recently.

Recently, as in just yesterday, recently.  It was our annual Girls'-Day-Out trip to Lawrence.  My sister lives there so it's an easy pick for me, my mom and sister-in-law to travel to!

The day started out on the amazing Mass Street.  I love that place!  It's so fun to people watch and you never know what you might see!



The first store we went to was Sarah's Fabric.  If you've never been and you ever have a need for fabric, YOU HAVE TO GO!  Hobby Lobby and Jo-Ann's don't even come close to competing with this place.  Oh, and did I mention they have an online store so you can shop from home?!  Oh so dangerous but oh so fun!


After we loaded up on fabric, we headed one block east of Massachussets to eat at Pachamama's.  The food was de-lish.  I had smoked porkchops over stoneground cheesy grits with purple (yes, purple!) green beans and a cranberry chutney.  Fabulous!  If you're ever in Lawrence, give it a try--you'll be glad you did.


After lunch, we wandered around Mass Street some more but then ultimately decided to head out west to do some shopping.  I realize one of the draws to Mass Street is the Ma & Pa shops but Lawrence has some great big box stores.  When I say they have an awesome buyer at TJMaxx, I'm not kidding.  It's one of the best I've ever been to!  When in Lawrence, we always make a stop at World Market and Kohl's as well...you never know what they might have!




We also made a stop at The Merc...it's Lawrence's natural food store and we can't go through town without loading up on a bunch of stuff.  It's like the Wal-Mart of the organic/natural food world!  Okay, it may have been wrong to compare a locally-owned store to Wal-Mart but hopefully you understand what I was getting at :-)


Finally, we headed back downtown to swing by Sylas & Maddy's ice cream parlor. I chose "Margarita" sherbert and it was a good pick.  Not super margarita-ish but definately had some lime flavor bursting through!


After our ice cream stop, we called it a day and headed back home.  It was fun to have the four of us girls together and I look forward to doing it again next summer!

No comments:

Post a Comment