Monday, August 1, 2011

Day 6 of the Challenge: What Makes Me Happy

What makes me happy?

There are lots of things that make me happy...but only temporarily.  I love putting on new socks--but after the first washing, the extreme softness has disappeared.  I love pay day but that feeling quickly disappears after paying our bills.  I also love clothes but it doesn't take long before they're stretched out of shape, stained or suddenly out of style.

The one thing that ALWAYS makes me happy is this sweet face:


I will admit that our dog has learned how to "back-talk" over the years.  If you deny her something or jokingly call her a name, she'll look up at you and let out a high-pitched "grrrrrrUUUUUrrrrr!"  Justin likes to tease and say the dog acquired my sassy attitude :-/

Aside from the occassional sassing, Mitzi ROCKS.  She's well behaved, super loyal and just loves being around people. When I walk through the door from being gone all day, Mitz just absolutely spazzes out!  She bounces all around the couch, jumps off the couch just to start running in circles and then she'll try to jump in my lap.  It's quite the "hello," if I say so myself!

Woah, puppy!  An action picture of Mitz trying to put her brakes on!

She's also one of those dogs who knows she's cute!  Whenever we take her for walks or she's sitting on the front porch with us, someone has to comment on what a "cute puppy" she is.  We politely say thanks but I'm sure, based on her behavior, that Mitz knows exactly what they said!  But really, when you see pictures from when she was a puppy, how can you NOT think she's cute?!?!

8 weeks old and weighing in at just 2 pounds!




They say Malteses have an average life span of 15 years, with some living as long as 18 years.  At that rate, there's plenty of time left for Mitzi to keep making us smile :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment