Thursday, October 28, 2010

Blueberry Brew

I'm starting to feel a bit like Oprah...not because I'm filthy rich and rule the world (I wish!) but I'm blogging more and more about my "favorite things"...when I find something good, I just naturally feel the need to share it with other people!

I was cleaning out the cupboard this evening and in the midst of all my Tulsi tea boxes, I found this...


I bought it earlier this summer and obviously forgot I even had it!  I'm a sucker for iced tea--I am particularly fond of Dara's and Sonic's ice tea...even when I was little, I loved the Lipton's instant tea.  Yes, instant...it was so gross but so good!  When Dad would come in from the field during the summer, I would make him a glass of instant tea and myself a glass of instant tea and then we'd drink it together...it always seemed that I looked forward to chugging the cold frothy tea but in hindsight, I think it was because we got to see Dad during the daytime--which in the farming world, rarely happened--AND it kinda made me feel special :-)

Anyhow, back to my story--I "brewed" some of the tea this evening and it's super yummy!  I love blueberry anything--in fact, that reminds me that it's been forever since I've had any chocolate covered blueberries from Mr. Bulky's...those are heaven!  But I also like the fact that this tea is a cold brew--by the time I heat up regular tea bags and the water actually cools down, I've given up on making iced tea and am headed to Sonic.  However, with this stuff I just pour cold water over the tea bags and it's ready in 5 minutes!

On a random note, we have been revisiting our household budget and looking for easy things to cut...in the past 2.5 weeks, we have only eaten out once and we used a gift card that had been given to us!  It's amazing how quickly a few stops here and there for a drink or small snack really adds up...but now that I have found my super yummy blueberry brew, I have no more excuses for Sonic Happy Hour and that should "earn" me a few extra bucks in my wallet!



No comments:

Post a Comment