Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Mixin' It Up

A few weekends ago, I made some Pumpkin Cookies for Justin...he loves anything pumpkin!  Last year, I made some pumpkin bread out of the Libby's kit and he took it to work--he was bragging to everyone that it was homemade.  Dumb me, as he's telling me this, I revealed that they were made out of a kit!  Apparently, his whole world fell apart for about the next two hours and then he was over it.

But this year, I decided to make some cookies from scratch...I got out my old handmixer that I've had since Freshman year of college.  As soon as I turned it on, it sounded like a squaking bird was being torchured to death...the sound was absolutely god awful and got worse as I tried increasing the speed.  Even the dog ran out of the kitchen!

I'm guessing I paid around $10 for my little Magic Chef when I first moved to Omaha...I rarely use it and now I remember why!

Thankfully, we had a new handmixer on order from Williams-Sonoma and I knew I wouldn't have to listen to squeals of death for very much longer.  Our friends Jill, Joe & Joe Joe--or was it mostly Jill's doing?--gave us a super generous gift card to the store and I was over the moon!  Justin isn't familiar with Williams-Sonoma, but he was still excited because that meant I would be buying something that would have to deal with cooking and him eating the end result...

The mixer arrived yesterday and it's AWESOME!  It's a gorgeous stainless steel Cuisinart that has a built-in timer...so no more trying to watch the clock and still forgetting how long it's been!  The mixer also has an automatic sensor in it so it knows what speed it needs to mix at.  I'm beyond thrilled with it and *hopefully* I can find time to make some goodies and try it out :-) 

No comments:

Post a Comment