Thursday, October 21, 2010

Slowly but Surely...

Our living room is starting to come together...We still need to get another armchair and console table, plus some wall hanging and knick-knacks.  But it's starting to look a bit more cozy :-)  Hopefully people will stop asking if we're moving out!

We finally hung curtains this summer...however, we have plaster walls and that makes me super nervous.  I tend to make a few "mistakes" when trying to hang rods and that doesn't work so well with plaster.  We ended up hanging the rods in the window frames where the previous owner had already drilled holes for their curtains.  I love the look of floor-to-ceiling window treatments for the added flair but guess it won't be happening in this house!

Personally, I can't wait to hang stockings over the fireplace for Christmas!  I know the exact stocking hooks and stockings that I want to buy--thank you Hobby Lobby for adding more stuff to my "Wish List." 
The color of the living & dining rooms on Closing Day

Our living room after Mom and I painted it!
The "final" fireplace color...it looks different in person & I'm not completely sold on it, but after painting it several different colors I'm done with it for awhile!
The living room so far...at eye level

The living room...looking up
On a final note--I think I may have to charge up my camera.  I've been taking all these pics on my phone and grrrrrrr, the lighting turns out horrible and everything is so dark!  Someday I'll get around to it... ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment