Friday, December 10, 2010

December 10

December 10:  Energy.

If I could be like any "bunny" in the world, it would be this guy ------>

He just keeps going...and going...and going.

In my personal opinion, energy is nothing more than a state of mind.  Just when you think you're done in and can't go any further, you manage to push on through and keep going.

I will admit, there's days I don't want to push on through.  I keep telling myself how tired I am and I can't do anymore.

But usually, I'm not really "tired."  Instead, I'm tired of doing stuff.  I just want to sit on my happy rump and veg out.  It would be nice if the world would just stop while I decided to chill out but unfortunately things don't work that way.

We have a cousin who is fighting what the doctors believe to be an extremely aggressive form of MS...She is now in her early 40s but has been unable to ambulate on her own for a very long time now.  It has been a very emotionally taxing and scary journey for our family...but it's even scarier to think that you can go from doing everything you ever wanted to do to being incapable of accomplishing the most basic daily living skills. 

Many of the things that I am thankful for are the things I take for granted.  We are not promised tomorrow and we never know what the next day may bring.  Illnesses develop, accidents occur and the idea of energy may still exist but you may lack the ability to act on it.  Don't get me wrong, I still don't want to deal with tonight's supper that needs put away.  It's easy to tell myself, "I'm too tired to deal with it right now" but what if I didn't even have the option of doing it myself??  I'm not sure how my initial thanks for energy has turned into a thanksgiving for ability, but it has!  I guess it's just another way of realizing that I need to count every blessing that I am given :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment