Wednesday, December 22, 2010

December 22

December 22: Play Time

Today was my first day of Winter Break...last night I celebrated by staying up until 11pm and NOT freakin out about being up past my bedtime :-)  Then this morning I slept until 9am--nothing like a good, solid 10 hours of sleep to get your day started!

I had several things on my agenda, but first I needed to find a dress for the Gubernatorial Ball on January 8...I needed to take care of this ASAP since I don't always have the best luck for dresses!  I ran to the mall and after a couple hours and running into tons of people I knew (go figure, didn't do my hair or makeup this morning!!!) I found the perfect dress.  But it was too big!

I came home as Justin and I had made plans to go window shopping for a new mattress.  We are currently sleeping on a queen-size bed that he got second-hand back in college and saying we wake up in pain is an understatement...and with me clinging to the edge!  Needless to say, it's definately worn out, too small AND I think a lot of my back/hip pain has to do with the fact that he sinks while I rise on the mattress.

After we found a mattress we liked (let's just say, it will be a while before we can afford to buy it!), my car accidentally headed towards the mall in Topeka...ooops!  Hey, he's off work until January 3rd and since the correct size of dress was in Topeka, he was going with me :-)

We picked up my dress and I also found a super cute pair of shoes to go with it.  They will be perfect with dress pants and jeans as well...and did I mention they happened to be on sale?!  Definately the makings for a good day!

Since no Topeka-run can be complete without eating at Paisano's, we went there for a late lunch.  If you've never had their Artichoke & Spinach Ravioli, you're missing out!  Sounds a little iffy but the cream sauce is divine...and fat-free, right?!  Ha!

Finally, we made it back to Manhattan and have been in bed ever since watching movies.  Lame, yes.  A waste of time, yes.  Well deserved?  YES!

Granted, I didn't get half of the things done today that I planned on doing but having a little bit of play time is definately needed and my batteries already feel recharged.  I'm hoping to make up for some lost time tomorrow and get some things done...while still enjoying some more play time here and there!

1 comment:

  1. Bria - My office is in Fleming Place near Paisano's. I was home yesterday with a sick little one, but small world, huh?

    ReplyDelete