Wednesday, December 8, 2010

December 8

December 8:  House Pets.

I'm pretty sure you all know that our world revolves around our dog, Mitzi, and our cat, Malcolm...My brother always says, "You need to find a hobby" whenever I tell him stories about our animals.  I like to think that he just doesn't care because he doesn't realize how cute/funny they are!  And plus, Shawn spends all day around cows and when do they do anything cute?!  He's just missing out on the fun of house pets!

But really, I am thankful for our animals.  I could have had the absolute worst day on earth and when I walk through the door to meet Mitzi bouncing off the couch with excitement to see me, it just warms my heart...or when Malcolm decides to stop ignoring us and hang out for a bit, it brings a smile to our faces.

It's common knowledge that people with pets tend to live longer and happier lives...and I can understand why.  Granted, there are days when the animals just drive me nuts, cost us bunches of money or just turn into a major inconvenience...but they're still worth it!


One afternoon I found Malcolm trying to attack the miniature marshmallows...apparently they are super fun for him to bat around!

And when one marshmallow wasn't fun enough, he tried to dump the bag off the counter so they'd spill...smart of him, but annoying!


I took a bathroom break while folding laundry one day and came back to this!  She's always one for making herself comfy

And how can you NOT laugh when a dog comes to a screeching halt and this is what they look like?!

No comments:

Post a Comment