Saturday, July 23, 2011

30 Day Challenge: Day 1

I have a friend who is the funniest person EVER.  You never know what she's going to say and half the time, I can't even figure out where she comes up with the stuff!  Erin was the person responsible for my inspiration to start blogging.  She started one herself, over at http://myunfilterednonsense.blogspot.com/.  Much to my dismay and consequent boredom, she doesn't post quite as much as I think she should...yeah, that's right Erin.  Get on it!

Yesterday, however, she posted about a 30-Day Challenge for blogging.  Granted it may take her 5-6 weeks to conquer it (hey, she admitted so herself!) but I thought it was a great idea and worth taking a shot at.  So here we go...

Day 1: Introduction, Recent Photograph of Myself and 15 Interesting Facts About Me

I'm a twenty-something farm-raised girl who stuck around my Alma Mater after graduation, met a Southern Boy, fell in love and got married!  Last year we purchased a downtown bungalow that we enjoy tinkering with and life is grand :-)

15 Facts About Me...

1. Ever since I was a little girl, I had short hair... short as in it never-went-past-my-ears short, most often in a pixie cut.  As a personal challenge to myself, I decided to let it grow and it's almost shoulder length now.  Having long hair is a whole new world to me...

2. I love sitting in my pjs on our front porch on Saturday mornings, drinking coffee while watching all the people walk down to the Farmer's Market.  To me, it's the most relaxing part of my weekend.

3.  As mentioned above, I grew up on a farm.  I showed all sorts of livestock growing up...many people have a hard time believing I'm a farm girl and that's just fine :-)

4.  I'm not much of a tv or movie person.  I'll have HGTV on for background noise but I have a hard time watching an entire 30-minute episode of anything.  And sitting through an entire movie???  That takes a lot of conscious effort!

5. I rowed my freshman year of college at Creighton University (go Jays!!!)...when I later transferred to K-State, I was approached about joining their Women's Crew program. I wasn't falling for the joke of being a Division-1 Athlete and not getting any scholarship money again!


6.  During my Junior year of high school, I got a bright blue Ford Mustang.  It had chrome dual exhaust and white racing stripes...to say that I loved that car is an understatement.  When the time came to replace it, I literally bawled my eyes out.  My long-term goal is to someday have another blue 'Stang parked in our garage!
 
7.  My degree is in Political Science.  With having a background in the child welfare system, this comes as a surprise to many people.  But hey, it was the degree that got me out of college in 5 years!

8. Ever since I was a little girl, I have enjoyed reading the newspaper.  My Grandpa Boob used to read the evening paper at the supper table and I'm the exact same way.  I currently receive 2 different newspapers and I would love to be like my parents who get 20 different papers a week!  (Should I clarify they're not newspaper junkies but rather it's because of my dad's job?!)

9. I'm a huge fan of bubble baths.  I try to take one every night :-)

10.  I actually like working out.  I have had no routine whatsoever this summer so I haven't been to the gym since May and it's driving me BONKERS.  I'm actually looking forward to school starting so I can get back to the gym.

11.  Our cat is bigger than our dog.  If I ever need to break the ice with a little kid, I tell them this and their eyes get HUGE and then they start giggling like crazy!

12.  I have a huge passion for civil rights history.  Anyone see the movie "Bad Teacher" yet?  "I just HATE slavery!!!"  lol. 

13.  I have a 37" inseam.   Needless to say, it's nearly impossible for me to buy pants off the rack.  Oh, and should I mention my 6'10" husband also has a 37" inseam???  Our future kids better hope they make XXLong onesies!

14.  I'm grossed out by milk.  And yes, I will cry over spilled milk.  If possible, I'll leave it until Justin gets home and then I make him clean it up.  I even have nightmares on occassion where people are holding me on the ground, pouring milk over me while I cry my eyes out.  People always ask, how do you eat your cereal?  My solution, I just don't eat cereal.  Just the thought of milky cereal makes me want to hurl!

15.  I just had to save the best for last.  My name is not Monica Lewinsky and his name isn't Bill Clinton...but...my Sophomore year of college I had an opportunity to meet old man George Bush.  During our photo, he totally dropped his hand from my shoulder to my buttocks and went in for a firm grip.  Well, hello to you, too!!!!!  And everyone wonders why I have an odd look on my face in the picture?!

And thaaaaaaaat's a wrap.  Stay tuned for Day 2:  The Meaning Behind My Blog Name...
Published with Blogger-droid v1.6.9

3 comments:

  1. Look at us go! Maybe you doing each day will prod me to keep pace :)

    Excited for you to be here next weekend!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE this idea!!! Mind if I play along? :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Erin, blogger was being uncooperative so my original comment now sounds stupid...but those ants better be ready for us. bwhahahahaha!

    @Shauna, please join our game! I think it will be fun :-) The entire 30-day list can be found on Erin's blog at http://myunfilterednonsense.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete