Sunday, July 24, 2011

30 Day Challenge: Day 2

Day 2 requires that I explain my blog's name...

Well, my blog originally started out as "The Adventures of Taddy-Long-Legs" and then morphed into "The Adventures of Taddy-Long-Legs and J-Money."

The original name comes from a nickname I gave myself...Yes, I gave it to myself.  I could lie and make up a great, super appropropriate, grown-up story.  Or I could just tell you the embarassing truth.  I'm always a pretty open person so I'll go with the latter.

It might have something to do with truly enjoying some Vodka-7s at Five Points in Columbia, South Carolina about 5 years ago.  As people tell me, we were leaving a dance club (and no, I did not do any dancing!) and I randombly struck a cheerleader pose in the sidewalk--I hope it was relevant to the conversation--and declared myself "Taddy Long Legs."
Sure enough...there's a picture to prove it!  Haha, I was definately clinging to that wall for dear life :-/

And where did my declaration come from?!  Obviously it was the vodka talking but I do have long legs...And Granddaddy Long Legs have long appendiges...And the abbrevation for my last name, Taddy, kinda rhymes with Granddaddy...Or at least it does at 3am.

Needless to say, my girlfriends won't let me live that moment down.  Or maybe they're ornery enough just to make the story up!  Anyhow.  When chosing my blog name, it was important that the name be something that no one else had...but be easy enough to remember.  Not that I really remember giving myself a nickname, but that's beside the point!

So now you have the history to "The Adventures of Taddy Long Legs."

But wait!  Once we got married, I tagged "and J-Money" to the end of my blog name.

As many of my posts include stories about the hubby, it was only appropriate that he be acknowledged in the title.

When we first met, I never ever imagined I would seriously date the guy...let alone marry him (just ask Angie!).  Rather than call him by his first name as that was too nice of me, I decided to give him a nickname. Apparently, I have a thing for nicknames.  Just ask E.G., Left Eye, Shrek, Poop Thumb, Ursher, Tingly A#$ and they'll all attest to this.

Anyhow, back to the story.  Once upon a time, there was a rap duo named Cadillac Don and J-Money.  When I met Justin, he had no vehicle and always talked about getting a Caddy someday.  The fact that Justin was always listening to gangsta rap, wanted a Caddy and had a name that started with a "J," it was only appropriate that I dub him J-Money...and unfortunately for him, that's what all my friends call him to this day!

So there you have it folks!  The complete history of "The Adventures of Taddy-Long-Legs and J-Money."  Stay tuned for tomorrow's post about my first love.  Oh, wowwwwwww...

No comments:

Post a Comment