Sunday, July 3, 2011

One Way to Save--Laundry Detergent

I'm all about trying to save a buck here and there.  Even though I am in awe, I'll never be like those people on "Extreme Couponing."  That takes too much time and energy.  Deep down, though, I've always longed for a membership to Sam's Club.  However, with it just being the two of us and living an hour away from the closest one, I'm not sure if we'd even end up really saving anything...???

I have started using Dillon's digital coupons--that way, they're always with me and I also download any coupons that may be of use in the event that the brand I'm loyal to is out of stock, etc...

The other day, I ran to Dillon's to pick up some fabric softener.  I had a $.75 digital store coupon and a $2.00 manufacturer's coupon...I was about to get the bottle of Downy for $2....woot woot!

Ummmmm, turns out Dillon's doesn't allow you to "stack" meaning you can't use a store coupon AND a manufacturer's coupon together.  The real kicker--they would only accept my $.75 store coupon and told me I'd have to use my $2.00 manufacturer's coupon at another time.  Way to rip me off, buddy!

I came home with my now $4 bottle of Downy and decided I was going to find a better way of saving money on laundry products.  If Dillon's wanted to be difficult about it, I was taking my business elsewhere.

Hello, Amazon.com!!! 

At Dillon's, Tide is anywhere from $.22-$.50+/ounce.  It all depends on which size bottle and variety you want.

On Amazon, I found Tide with a Touch of Downy for $.11/ounce--half price!  And--it included free shipping!  It did require that I buy 4 bottles at once to get the low price, but at the rate we do laundry, I'd rather stock up than pay full price little-by-little at the grocery store.  Oh, and should I mention my total savings was $58???  Eat that, Dillon's!

Check it out yourself at http://www.amazon.com/Tide-Touch-Lavendar-Actilift-Bottles/dp/B002V1H2WA/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1309709252&sr=8-1

2 comments:

  1. That's awesome! I'd never even thought of buying laundry products online!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My goal is to price check paper towels, toilet paper, etc this week to see if there's any savings to be had. Some stuff you just can't live without, but I hate paying so much for it!

    ReplyDelete