Monday, July 25, 2011

30 Day Challenge: Day 3

Today's post requires that I blog about my first love.

But first--you have to promise you won't laugh!

It was this guy...


That's right.  Danny Wood from New Kids on the Block.  If anything, that tells you what generation I belong to!

I was enamoured by this guy...I had NKOTB clothing, dolls, buttons as big as dish plates, bedding, all their cassettes, EVERYTHING.  But my favorite of them all was Danny...and I remember wishing that some day he'd be "my man."

I was such a naive little girl, thinking that every teen heart throb is waiting for his 8-year old fan to come sweep him off his feet...I look back at this and can't help but laugh.  Of all things, Danny had a RAT TAIL!  Yes, one of those things.  But maybe I didn't have the worst taste in the world.  After all, this is what he looks like now:


Kinda looks like he belongs in a hair gel ad.  Not anyone that I'd be attracted to but some people might find him good looking!

If I was a smart 8-year old girl who wanted to be swooned, I should have picked one of the other band members, Donnie Wahlberg:



Donnie's brother is the musician-turned-actor Mark Wahlberg...Mark has been 10x more successful over the years and that's the gravy train I should have tried hopping on!  lol.  Don't you see the resemblance?  Personally, I find Marky Mark to be much cuter!


I realize this post most likely wanted me to write about a "real" first love.  But come one--how many people really want to claim their former boyfriends???  I sure don't!  I'd much rather write about a man that I've never met :-)  If anything, the experience of my first love allows me to better stomach all my tween girls who swoon over Justin Bieber and fight over who's marrying him.  Some day they'll realize the joke is on them!

That said, my parents spent many years putting up with my New Kids On The Block Obsession and thank gawd I outgrew it...Speaking of the two devils, tomorrow's challenge post will feature my parents so stay tuned!

1 comment: