Thursday, July 7, 2011

Our Front Porch


Last summer, we "salvaged" these vintage motel chairs from my parents' garage.  I despised them as a child but ended up LOVING them as an adult.  After some serious sanding and a fresh coat of paint, we had blue chairs for our porch!


Long story short, the chair on the right has started rusting out...and in a bad way.  Neither one of us felt safe sitting on it :-(

We knew it would need replaced so we started looking around for a new set...but it would have to be affordable as just one year ago, we thought we had something that would be with us for a long time.

Pier 1 came through over the weekend with their outdoor sale!

2 new resin wicker rockers later and this is what we have:



The chairs are actually more brown in person.  Justin picked out the color and I have to say I love the contrast!  I had left-over fabric so I decided to skirt our old wooden table.  It really helped add a pop of color and also fill out the space between the chairs.

Speaking of left-over fabric, I had another print on hand so I decided to make some pillows for our porch swing.  We still need a dark accent on that end of the porch but I just haven't figured out what...maybe a neat wicker floor vase in the corner, behind the swing???  Does anyone even sell those???  Or a low "coffee table" of sorts in front of the swing???  Eventually, I'll figure something out!


And the final touch--our dog planter!  I found it last year on serious discount at Tuesday Morning and couldn't resist!  We have had many people comment on how it makes them chuckle :-) 


On a related note, our animals love hanging on the porch during cool evenings.

Miss Mitzi sticks her head through the slats whenever she wants to look at people walking by...maybe one day she'll figure out she can have an unobstructed view if she stands on the steps!


And Malcolm...he does nothing but clean himself while on the porch!  Then he hops over the railing and ventures back into the neighborhood!






2 comments:

  1. Did you have these on Craigslist? I swear I saw them and thought, "I think these are Bria's!"

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha, Yup, those are ours! I was too lazy to clean them up for a new pic :-)

    ReplyDelete