Friday, July 8, 2011

Mothers DO Know Best...The Swimsuit Edition

The other day I was telling my mother about my newest dilemma.

The new pool at City Park is uh-mazing.  Justin has been dying to go but I have a slight problem with going there...or going to any other public pool in town, for that matter.

The problem--my students.  There is NO WAY in h-e-double sticks I would let them see me in a swimming suit...and then stand in front of them come September and expect everything to be cool between us???  Keep in mind half of my students are pre-pubescent boys.  Yeah, right.

My solution was buying a summer pass to one of the local hotel pools where I could get a little sun.  Mom's solution, one of those swimsuits with a skirt on the bottom.

You mean, one of these things???

Jeezzzz-ussssss....those things are gawd awful.  I would drink a big old glass of milk (does it help to mention that I have a serious milk phobia???) before I would get caught dead in something like that.
I stopped by Dillard's the other day as their swimsuits were finally on sale...I haven't purchased one in several years and my swimsuit fabric is making that pretty obvious.

Lo-and-behold, what did I find but this darling little thing:


I must have been in a daring mood because I tried it on...and fell in love with it!  Guess Mom was on to something after all!

Later on, I ran to Target to see if they had any decent suits left.  I was in the dressing room when a pre-teen girl broke down in tears, horrified by the suit her mom wanted her to get.  I'm pretty sure the entire store could hear how traumatized she was...but ya know, the suit her mom wanted her to get was super cute (I just think it wasn't risque enough to attract the boys' attention...)!  Once again, sometimes Moms know what they're talking about.  

I didn't find anything at Target so I called it a day with my lone "swimdress."  I wondered if there were any other cute swimdresses in cyber space and look at what I found:
Isn't this about the cutest thing ever?!  And it comes with a removable spaghetti-width halter.
Oh, wait--the pink is fun, too!  Guess has definately designed a cute suit!
And this one--very, very retro.  I kind of like it, but it would have to be black.
Kinda like this one!  But not with the $250 price tag.  Ouch!

And I LOVE this one as well!  Based on my research, it's a discountinued style and only available on eBay...not sure if I'm daring enough to buy it and not know for sure where it came from.
I just wish I knew where to get this cheery little number! 

I never thought I would actually WANT a one-piece...but now I'm having to practice self-restraint to keep from buying a bunch of the swimdresses!  At least I can blame my own mother for planting the seed in my head ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment